You can show respect for your neighbours by considering how your behaviour may impact them.
- Be aware that DIY and other noisy household jobs (including everyday jobs like using the vacuum cleaner) could impact those around you, particularly if you’re living in a flat or maisonette where noise travels easily
- Let your neighbours know if you’re planning to have a party in your home and limit the noise between the hours of 11pm and 7am
- Place noisy household appliances such as televisions, radios and speakers away from adjoining walls and limit the noise between 11pm and 7am
- Avoid loud and excessive slamming of doors
- Park your vehicles considerately
When you have visitors
You’re responsible for the behaviour of your family, visitors and pets (you require written permission to keep a pet in your home). If anybody visiting your home causes nuisance or harassment to other people, MTVH may consider taking action against you.