Information for homeowners and shared owners
If you live in a flat, we’ll repair the structure and outside of your home:
- Outside walls.
- Gutters and external pipes.
- Drains and gullies.
- Communal parts (e.g. lighting)
- Communal TV aerials.
- Lifts and entry phones.
- Fire alarm systems.
- Communal roads, pathways and steps.
- Communal boilers.
You’re responsible for repairing and maintaining the inside of your home:
- Central heating (including annual gas safety check).
- Water tanks in your flat.
- Internal walls, floors.
- Door frames.
- Locks and door hinges.
- The glass in windows.
- Window catches, locks, hinges and sash cords.
- Window frames.
- Air vents and extractor fans.
- Any internal blockages and overflows (e.g. sinks, baths, WCs). How to unblock a toilet or sink yourself.
- Leaks from within your flat and any damage caused to another property.
- All plumbing and electrical services.
- External doors.
If you live in a house, you’re responsible for any maintenance and repairs to the inside and outside of your home.