Bills and insurance

Utility bills

Gas and electricity

Gas and electricity is supplied to most of our homes by British Gas. Check who supplies your home using the Energy Networks Association website.

You can also find out your gas supplier by calling the Meter Point Administration Service on 0870 608 1524 (this call will cost 7p per minute plus your provider’s service charge). Make sure you have your Meter Point Reference Number (MPRN) handy.


Check who supplies water to your home using the Water UK website.

Home contents insurance

We’ve teamed up with Wessex Group to provide home contents insurance for all MTVH tenants and homeowners. You don’t need to pay any excess under this scheme.

We can’t guarantee that this scheme is the cheapest or provides the widest cover – you should get other quotes and choose the right scheme for you.

Apply for home contents insurance with Wessex Group.

TV licence

You need a TV licence to watch or record programmes on a TV, computer, tablet or mobile. You also need one to watch on-demand programmes on BBC iPlayer.

You can pay for your TV license online.

This is the law. If you’re over 75, you’re entitled to a free TV licence.

Council Tax

The amount you pay in Council Tax depends on where you live and the tax band your property is in.

You need to pay your council tax to directly to your Local Council. You can pay your Council Tax online.

Contact your Local Council directly to find information about where your money goes and what services they supply.

You may be able to get Council Tax Reduction (this used to be called Council Tax Benefit) if you’re on a low income or get benefits.


Keyworkers and Council Tax

When you move in, we will tell you if Council Tax is included in your rent or not. Check if Council Tax is included in your rent by contacting your keyworker housing office.

Thanks for your feedback

Interested in sharing more of your thoughts?

Get £30 for taking part in a 1 hour research session.

You could be testing new web page designs or telling us about your experience with MTVH.

Sign up for research sessions