At Metropolitan Thames Valley, we like to see things differently.
A diverse workforce broadens our thinking, increases our understanding and helps us provide better services. We treat all of our colleagues fairly and with respect, regardless of their role, background or ability. We’re building a range of active colleague groups, events and initiatives to help us do just this, including:
- Spectrum: Our BME staff network group
- Metro: Our lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBTQ+) employee network group
- Women’s forum: We want to make our organisation a great place for women to work. We work to influence policies, assist women to fulfil their true potential through mentoring and support
- Straight Allies: People perform better at work when they can be themselves. Our Straight Allies group helps create a culture where LGBTQ+ colleagues feel supported and welcomed
- Wellbeing: We try to make sure our offices and facilities are accessible to people of all abilities and will provide any support they need to do their jobs. This is a group for anyone who wants to improve their wellbeing at work.