07 November 2022
Summary:MTVH publishes update on our sustainability goals and agenda.
We have recently published our Sustainability Progress Update for 2022.
We have a responsibility to residents, wider communities, and colleagues to adopt sustainable practices to reduce our environmental impacts. This Sustainability Progress Update demonstrates how MTVH is delivering on our sustainability goals, benchmarks our performance, and sets out our achievements over the past year.
The report outlines how working towards a more sustainable future allows us to provide good homes for residents, empower communities, maintain effective governance, and allow our colleagues to fulfil their potential.
Highlights from the report include:
- Benchmarked and published our overall carbon footprint during the last year. It includes a 45% reduction in emissions from our Metworks fleet.
- Issued £250m of sustainable bonds to deliver new social and affordable homes and help tackle the climate emergency.
- Became early adopters of the Future Home Standards, with one development set to achieve a 20% reduction in emissions on each home.
- Secured and delivered social value contributions from our supply chain that provide a positive economic, social, or environmental outcome benefitting residents and communities. This includes £77,500 in cash donations in social value contributions from contractors and £103,300 of in-kind funding invested in community projects.
- Working with Pocket Power, residents were helped to collectively save over £53,000 by switching utility suppliers.
MTVH is on track to reduce our scope three emissions from our communal and office energy supplies by 9% by April 2023.
- While we’ve made considerable progress in meeting sustainability targets, the report also acknowledges the challenges that remain and how we plan to tackle them.
Ian Johnson, CFO of MTVH and Sustainability Executive Sponsor, said: “I am pleased to be able to provide this annual update on progress on our Sustainability Strategy and our Sustainability Action Plan. Our Sustainability and ESG agenda remains critical to our success as an organisation in terms of its impact on our customers and stakeholders, our colleagues, and our financial performance.
“I’m immensely proud of the MTVH team, whose drive towards making us a sustainable organisation into the future and delivering on our commitments is unrivalled.”