Manage your keyworker home

Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre: manage your keyworker home

Everything you need to know about living in keyworker housing at Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre in Oxford.

Do you want to live here? Read more about our keyworker housing – including how to apply.

Your keyworker office

Contact your local keyworker office if you have any questions about your home.

Telephone: 020 8607 0730 or 01865 741608


In person at the Nuffield Office:

Mary Powell House
72-74 Old Road, Headington

The office and phone lines are open Monday to Wednesday, 9am – 4:30pm



You can request or track a repair online.  Or contact your local keyworker office to request repairs.

You need to carry out minor repairs inside your home yourself. This includes small jobs like replacing a light bulb or unblocking a sink.

Gas and central heating repairs

Each keyworker home has a list of local contractors that can fix issues with your building’s gas and central heating. Their contact details were given to you when you moved in.

If you don’t know who your local contractors are, contact your keyworker office.

Your tenancy

Your tenancy agreement covers important things like:

  • When you need to pay your rent.
  • What you can and can’t do in your home.
  • How to end your tenancy and move out.

Find out more about your keyworker tenancy.

Cleaning, linen and laundry

You’re responsible for cleaning your room or flat and keeping it in good condition. All flats come with a vacuum cleaner.


Ben linen and towels are not provided.


A card-operated laundry room is located next to the keyworker office. It’s open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

If the machines aren’t working, call Circuit Laundry on 0800 092 4068 or contact your keyworker office during opening hours.

Lost keys and fobs

Contact your keyworker office if you lose your keys.

If you lose them when the office is closed, call the out-of-hours service on 0300 456 2929. They will arrange access to your room or flat. On the next working day, you must contact your keyworker office, who will give you a replacement key or fob.

You will be charged for any replacement keys or fobs and for the cost of any locks or barrels we have to change.


You’re responsible for ensuring all rubbish is disposed of in the bins provided by the local council. Please recycle as much as possible.

Recycling and rubbish are collected every Friday.

You must take any bulk rubbish to the local tip or recycle centre. Or you can contact Oxford City Council who will collect these items for you.


Contact your keyworker office to see if there are any spaces available.

If there aren’t any, you will be added to a waiting list. We’ll contact you when one becomes available.

Any vehicles parked without a valid permit displayed will be ticketed.



Smoking is not allowed anywhere inside the building.



Your post will be delivered to your individual letterbox on the ground floor of your building.



Visitors can contact you on the intercom system outside your property by keying in your flat number and pressing the ‘call’ button.


TV, telephone and internet



There is a TV aerial point in your home that you can connect your TV to.

You must have a TV licence if you have a TV. Failure to buy a licence may result in a fine of up to £1000. Apply for a TV licence online.

You can access Sky TV by connecting your set top box to the satellite point in your flat. You’re not allowed to install your own satellite dish.


There’s a telephone access point in your accommodation. Contact your chosen service provider who will give you details on connection charges.


WiFi is available throughout the building. The WiFi name is ‘Optify Media Force.’ You’ll need to pay to access it and you can sign up for a day, a week or longer. Other internet providers are available – BT and Virgin Media both service the area.

Staying safe

Read how to stay safe in your keyworker home for information on:

  • What to do in a fire.
  • How to keep your appliances safe.
  • Keeping your home secure.