Manage your keyworker home

Stoke Mandeville Hospital: manage your keyworker home

Everything you need to know about living in keyworker housing at Stoke Mandeville Hospital in Buckinghamshire.

Do you want to live here? Read more about our keyworker housing – including how to apply.

Your keyworker office

Contact your local keyworker office if you have any questions about your home.

Telephone: 020 8607 0777 


In person at the keyworker office:

Harrington House
Emmett Drive
HP21 9AP

The office and phone lines are open Monday to Friday, 9am – 4:00pm



You can request or track a repair online.  Or contact your local keyworker office to request repairs.

You need to carry out minor repairs inside your home yourself. This includes small jobs like replacing a light bulb or unblocking a sink.

Gas and central heating repairs

Each keyworker home has a list of local contractors that can fix issues with your building’s gas and central heating. Their contact details were given to you when you moved in.

If you don’t know who your local contractors are, contact your keyworker office.

Your tenancy

Your tenancy agreement covers important things like:

  • When you need to pay your rent.
  • What you can and can’t do in your home.
  • How to end your tenancy and move out.

Find out more about your keyworker tenancy.

Cleaning and laundry

You’re responsible for cleaning your room or flat and keeping it in good condition. We have provided all flats with vaccum cleaners.


Bed linen and towels are not provided.


A card-operated laundry room is available on each stairwell. They’re open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

If the machines aren’t working, call Washpoint on 08000 546 546 or contact your keyworker office during opening hours.



Your post will be delivered to your letterbox. If you live in a flat, this is located on the ground floor of your building.


Lost keys

Contact your keyworker office if you lose your keys.

If you lose them when the office is closed, call the out-of-hours service on 0300 456 2929. They will arrange access to your room or flat. On the next working day, you must contact your keyworker office, who will give you a replacement key or fob.

You will be charged for any replacement keys or fobs and for the cost of any locks or barrels we have to change. You’ll also have to pay a £50 callout fee.



You’re responsible for ensuring all rubbish is disposed of in the bins provided by the local council. Please recycle as much as possible.

Recycling and rubbish are collected every Friday. Please check Buckinghamshire Council’s website for details.

You must take any bulk rubbish to the local tip or recycle centre. Or you can contact Aylesbury Vale District Council who will collect these items for you.



There are a limited number of parking spaces for your building. Contact your keyworker office to see if there are any spaces available.

Parking bays are available for visitors. They will need to display a parking scratch card on their dashboard. Contact your keyworker for more information.



Smoking is not allowed anywhere inside the building.


TV, telephone and internet



You can connect your TV to the aerial point in your flat. There is a communal aerial that provides Freeview channels.

You must have a TV licence if you have a TV. Failure to buy a licence may result in a fine of up to £1000. Apply for a TV licence online.

You’re not allowed to install a satellite dish. To get Sky TV, connect your set top box to the satellite point in your building.


There’s a telephone access point in your accommodation. Contact your chosen service provider who will give you details on connection charges.


WiFi is available throughout the building. The WiFi name is ‘Optify Media Force.’ You’ll need to pay to access it and you can sign up for a day, a week or longer.

Staying safe

Read how to stay safe in your keyworker home for information on:

  • What to do in a fire.
  • How to keep your appliances safe.
  • Keeping your home secure.