What the insurance covers
The contents in your home (including garages and gardens) will be insured against events such as fire, theft or flooding.
The cover also includes things like:
- Replacing door locks if your keys are lost or stolen
- Accidental damage to audio, video or computer equipment in your home
- Personal liability
It doesn’t cover wear and tear (like worn carpets) or an appliance breaking down.
You can also take out optional cover for:
- Accidental damage
- Theft, loss or damage of:
- personal belongs (which includes things like mobile phones and jewelry)
- wheelchairs, mobility scooters and hearing aids
Read the Insurance Product Information Document (PDF) for a full breakdown of what is and isn’t covered.